Rib knit will be one of the most appealing materials when we think of fashion fabrics. Many clothing brands use this kind of fabric in their products. Some questions come up around rib knits so let’s see why it is so popular.
Table of Contents
What is Rib Knit Fabric?
A rib knit fabric is a double-faced, reversible fabric with a distinct rip that appears as vertical lines on the fabric’s surface. The fabric is normally made on a circular knitting machine with two sets of needles, with alternating rows of knit and purl stitches. The number of rows in the fabric determines the different forms of rib; for example, 1×1, 2×2, 2×3 etc.
Characteristics of Rib Knit fabric
Rib fabric offers excellent properties; they are available in a wide range of colors, weights, and textures, don’t often wrinkle, and resist curling at the edges. These make it suited for many different types of clothing. Let’s have a look at the properties of rib fabric.
- Stretch and Elasticity : Rib fabric has great stretch and elasticity due to its structure, which allows it to expand and contract.
- Shape Retention : Rib fabric retains its original shape quite well even after stretching or repeated use.
- Durability : Rib fabric can withstand repeated washing and stretching. It is typically durable and resistant to wear and tear.
- Versatility : Because of its stretch and form-fitting, there are various types of clothing using rib knits such as t-shirts, fashion dresses, tank tops and clothing components like collar, wristbands and cuffs.
- Easy care : Rib fabric is simple to care for. It can be washed many times in a washing machine, making it the best option for everyday clothing.
Rib knit fabric is frequently used in a variety of clothing and textile applications due to its attractive characteristics. Moreover, rib fabric is available in a range of weights, from lightweight for summer clothing to heavier options for winter clothing. Let’s look at several applications for rib fabric;
- Apparel – t-shirts, sweaters, cardigans, dresses and the clothing components
- Sportswear – activewear, joggers, leggings
- Accessories – headbands, scarves, gloves
Overall, rib knit fabric has several excellent characteristics that make it suitable for application in various types of clothing, including stretch, texture, form retention, breathability, durability, softness, adaptability, and ease of care. If you’re interested in rib fabric, please find out our rib fabric products here.
✉️Email : email@example.com
📲 WhatsApp : +66 81 838 5360